Foros de Supervaca.com

Versión completa: The Partridge Family - The Complete 1st Season r1
Actualmente estas viendo una versión simplificada de nuestro contenido. Ver la versión completa con el formato correcto.
aqui la info:
Partridge Family, The - Official Announcement includes Cost, Menu Shots, Bonus Cartoon Episodes & a Free CD!

Wow! Just yesterday we were showing off the cover art for The Partridge Family - The Complete 1st Season (thanks to Billboard Magazine and the help of Scott Awley at CmonGetHappy.com). There we went over some of the other info we previously knew about the show: special features consistiing of a behind-the-scenes documentary and a music documentary, May 3rd release date, and 25 episodes on a 3-DVD set.

This morning Sony Pictures Home Entertainment has officially announced the release, and we have several new surprises from that! The announcement did *not* include the cover art that we showed you yesterday, or any other cover in its place; that may come later (and if it changes we'll certainly let you know). However, Sony did provide menu shots of all three DVDs, which we've included at the bottom of this story (along with the same pic of the box from yesterday).

Looking at the menus, we see that you can play all episodes, choose a specific episode, or use the "Jump To The Musical Performances" feature to get right into the songs if you want to. Addtionally, the first disc also has the special features we talked about, plus the inevitable "previews".

The 2nd and 3rd discs have some different extras: each one contains a bonus cartoon episode of the animated spin-off, The Partridge Family, 2200 A.D.. This Hanna-Barbera creation (originally planned as a new Jetsons cartoon, believe it or not!) was also known as The Partridge Family In Outer Space, and featured the voices of many of the live-action cast: Susan Dey, Danny Bonaduce, Dave Madden, Suzanne Crough, and Brian Forster. Two episodes of the 'toon are present: "Car Trouble" and "My Son the Spaceball Star". Very nice.

But the cool stuff doesn't end there, because Sony is also including a "CD Premium" with this set. Sony didn't go into any details with the initial early-Monday announcement, but we can probably presume that it's full of songs and music from The Partridge Family show. If we find out differently, we'll certainly let you know.

Running time is 655 minutes, and the list price is a low low $29.95 for all three DVDs and the CD Premium. The release date is exactly what we said it would be, May 3rd. Here are those menu shots, and the box art we already had is below it. Stay tuned for updates.
[Imagen: 666901h.jpg]
Excelente programa, de mis preferidos cuando era un chamaco! :grin:
Definitivamente una muy buena serie que marcó toda una epóca a principios de los 70's, las chavas tenían al David Cassidy, los chavos teníamos a Susan Dey, los grandes a Shirley Jones.

Por lo que se ve no va a traer nada de subs en español, lo cuál sería una lastima, esperemos a ver si la sacan en Región 4, yo me apunto.
mas info:
Partridge Family, The - Complete List of Extras, including Bonus CD content!
Posted by David Lambert
2/25/2005

This past Monday saw the announcement of The Partridge Family - The Complete 1st Season. Sony had released the specs and menu screens for the show, but little else. Now they have provided a bit more information, but we've also worked with our contacts in the industry to find out more about the extras, especially the "CD Premium" that's included with the DVDs.

The May 3rd release will cost $29.95, as we've said, but you can pre-order it from Amazon for a great $20.97!! Amazon shows a wrong disc count, though: this is a 3-DVD set, with 25 episodes running 655 minutes. These are all the extras you can expect to find on the DVDs:

"Jump To The Musical Performances" feature
Interviews With the Cast of The Partridge Family (may be the same as the featurettes below)
Featurettes:
"Boarding the Bus": a behind-the-scenes documentary includes interviews with Shirley Jones, David Cassidy, Danny Bonaduce, Dave Madden and the writers and producers of the series. It focuses on the production of the first season, starting with the initial script for the pilot, the pilot's production, and then the show's weekly production thereafter.
"The Sound of the Partridge": a music documentary about picking the songs, making the songs and music, and everything else involved with the soundtrack side of things. It includes never-before-heard details and stories. Look for interviews with Shirley Jones, David Cassidy, and many of the backgound singers, musicians, and even the arrangers.
Photo Gallery: The Partridge Family's album covers
Bonus episodes of The Partridge Family, 2200 A.D. animated series:
"Car Trouble"
"My Son the Spaceball Star"
Previews of other Sony Pictures Home Entertainment products

...And, of course, the "CD Premium". Everyone's been wondering what's on it, and Sony hasn't revealed the contents. But our industry sources got to the bottom of this! It seems that there has been some "lost" material which was recorded for inclusion on the Partridge Family albums that came out during the first season, but never got included for various reasons. Nor were they ever released later on for CDs, either...until now! So these 7 Partridge Family songs are - we're told, anyway - seeing the light of day for the first time. Here's the track listing we were given:

"Together (Having A Ball)"
"Let The Good Times In"
"All Of The Things"
"The Love Song"
"Stephanie"
"Baby, I Love You"
"Find Peace In Your Soul"

Those first two songs are from the Pilot episode, and fans have been looking for official Partridge Family recordings of these for ages. Now they can finally have them, along with DVDs of the show itself!

Sony also provided box art for the release, and an official synopsis of the title. Here are both (the art is almost identical to the shot we've shown previously from the Billboard article; a DVD logo has been added to the bottom right, and the spine is re-arranged):

C'mon, get happy! It's TV's favorite family of rock 'n' rollers, who hit the road in their groovy bus and turn the world on to catchy pop songs such as "I Think I Love You," "I Woke Up In Love This Morning" and "Somebody Wants To Love You." The Partridge Family's six members feature mom Shirley (Shirley Jones) and her five kids: Keith (David Cassidy, who is also Jones' real-life stepson), Laurie (Susan Dey), Danny (Danny Bonaduce), Tracy (Suzanne Crough) and Chris (Jeremy Gelbwacks). And who can forget the Partridge's frequently exasperated manager, Reuben Kincaid (Dave Madden), who would become an important member of their family whether he liked it or not? The show debuted in September of 1970 and made a teen idol out of David Cassidy, selling millions of records along the way. They may have parked that bus a long time ago but THE PARTRIDGE FAMILY is still making fans happy!

Link to this page:
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=2988
Racordando a los protagonistas, David Cassidy se retiró de los escenarios cuando en un concierto una chava murió, ese cuate tenía mucho carisma...
Partridge Family, The - Correct CD Contents

A few weeks ago we posted the contents of the Partridge Family season 1 set, including the tracks found on the bonus CD accompanying the 3 disc set. We've been sent over a new list of CD tracks, which we're told is the final list:
I Think I Love You
Point Me In The Direction of Albuquerque
I Can Feel Your Heart Beat
Come On Get Happy
Licensing problems caused Sony to ditch the previous list of audio tracks. These 4 tracks will serve as a sampler to a 1 disc musical collection Sony/BMG will release around the time of the season set. We're not sure if the CD will be released on the same date, or a week or two on either side.

Don't forget that the set will be released on May 3rd. Visit our DVD Release Info page for more details.

Link to this page:
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=3065
[Imagen: partridgefamily.jpg]