Foros de Supervaca.com

Versión completa: The Police: Certifiable Blu-ray
Actualmente estas viendo una versión simplificada de nuestro contenido. Ver la versión completa con el formato correcto.
Hola,

El otro dia casi por accidente me encontre con este concierto de The Police que parece ser toda una joya para la coleccion !!!

http://www.amazon.com/Certifiable-Delux ... 600&sr=8-3

[Imagen: 51vkysXXJRL._SL500_AA300_.jpg]

Hay excelentes comentarios y criticas de esta grabacion. Ya viene mi copia en camino, ya les platicare cuando pueda verla. Mientras les dejo el review de High Def Digest:

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1708/po ... iable.html

... 'The Police: Certifiable - Live in Buenos Aires' was recorded over two nights of the band's stop in the city, and the setlist of those two shows (which was pretty representative of the rest of the tour) certainly aimed to please. All of the expected classics are here, including "Don't Stand So Close to Me," "Every Little Thing She Does is Magic," "King of Pain," my fave "Message in a Bottle," and of course the immortal "Roxanne." I wasn't so keen on all the versions -- particularly the blandly-delivered "The Truth Hits Everybody." (Other clunkers, like "The Bed's Too Big Without You," were dropped completely by the time the band hit Buenos Aires). The group also sounded bored to me with "Every Breath You Take," while punchier songs like "Synchronicity II" and show closer "Next to You" sounded a bit heftier and hard-hitting on record.

Visually, 'Certifiable' is a well-shot record of the tour. It is a well-staged show, if not overly-reliant on visual gimmicks and a big lightshow. The band members are the stars, and the stage is vast enough to let them run around but still small enough that it doesn't overwhelm the musicianship. The crowd is also upbeat and energetic, particularly on Sting-led sing-alongs of such songs as "De Do Do Do De Da Da Da." Though some cried foul at the $250 price tag for the best tickets at most shows (a justifiable complaint, particularly given the rough early shows), that only makes this Blu-ray an even better deal. If you missed the show live the first time around, or just want a keepsake of your experience, 'Certifiable' is a fine document of a historic tour by one of the biggest pop bands in history.

The Video: Sizing Up the Picture

Universal Music Distribution presents 'Certifiable' in a wonderful 1080p/VC-1 encode (1.78:1). This is a vibrant, highly-detailed transfer, culled from a source shot entirely with HD cameras.

Colors are wonderfully rich and clean. Reds in particular -- often the hardest hue for video to reproduce -- look amazingly clear. Detail is excellent, with the image almost always boasting terrific depth and clarity. Close-ups in particular are stunning, as I could see every bit of sinewy muscle on Sting's sweat-covered body. Contrast holds tight with little of the blooming that can so often plague shot-on-HD material, and blacks are pitch perfect. I did notice some rare artifacts on fast-cut moments, which can result in slight pixelization and noise in darker areas of the picture. Otherwise, 'Certifiable' is one of the best-looking live music titles I've seen on Blu-ray.

The Audio: Rating the Sound

There are two Dolby TrueHD audio mixes on 'Certifiable,' both 96kHz/24-bit: 5.1 Surround and 2.0 Stereo. Both offer fantastic audio.

The three band members are wonderfully balanced and mixed. All blend without overpowering the other, and Sting's vocals are directed properly to the fronts but don't stand out or feel too "dry." Stewart Copeland's fantastic drumming demands demo quality low bass, and that's what we get here -- the subwoofer gets quite the workout. Dynamics are expansive, and neither too flat nor too bright. Surrounds are not incredibly active aside from crowd noise and some bleed of instruments, but that's OK. 'Certifiable' delivers quite a powerful TrueHD track ....

Tracks:

1 - Message in a Bottle
2 - Synchronicity II
3 - Walking on the Moon
4 - Voices Inside My Head / When the World Is Running Down
5 - Don't Stand So Close To Me
6 - Driven to Tears
7 - Hole in my Life
8 - Truth Hits Everybody
9 - Every Little Thing She Does is Magic
10 - Wrapped Around Your Finger
11 - De Do Do Do De Da Da Da
12 - Invisible Sun
13 - Walking in your Footsteps
14 - Can't Stand Losing You / Reggatta De Blanc
15 - Roxanne
16 - King of Pain
17 - So Lonely
18 - Every Breath You Take
19 - Next to You

Saludos

Carlos
Pidelo ya que la edicion en Blu-ray es dificil de conseguir
Charlie, este es otro BD que me deberás prestar jejeje
beowulf agate escribió:Pidelo ya que la edicion en Blu-ray es dificil de conseguir

Hola,

Asi es, como pueden ver en Amazon hay quien se deja pedir $100.- dolares por la edicion que incluye un par de CD's con la musica del concierto. Yo me traje la version normal que sale como en $350.- M.N. misma que ya fue enviada, y gracias a los amigos Mario y Rodrigo esperaremos a que llegue a frontera para traernos un paquete como de 30 blurays que ordenamos a Amazon US y UK y que esta estacionado esperando el concierto de The Police !!!

Por cierto, el amigo que cruzo las peliculas me comento que le toco el semaforo fiscal en rojo y el vista obviamente le estaba haciendo ojos a varias peliculas argumentando que eran demasiadas. Lo bueno que mi cuante iba con la familia y al preguntar cuantas podia pasar y recibir la respuesta que 10 dijo, ok, somos 4, puedo pasar 40 asi que gracias y buen dia !!!

Saludos

Carlos
off topic.,

cARLOS, que bluray tienes?
Buen dia mi estimado Edmundo,

Tristemente aun el Sony S350 ... Sad

Entre la maldita tenencia, el seguro, el servicio normal, el cambio de todas las balatas y el pago de la ultima mensualidad hicieron que mi vehiculo me despeluchara llevandose consigo mas de lo que me hubiera costado un Oppo 83 SE ... :evil:

Sorry, creo que tu pregunta me sirvio para desahogarme ... :oops:

Un abrazo

Carlos
Hola,

Por fin me llego este concierto. La imagen, tal como relatan los reviews en EXCELENTE !!!

Sin embargo el concierto me parecio algo frio. No se si se edito demasiado el sonido ambiental del estadio porque casi no se escucha al publico que siempre aporta mucha emocion con sus aplausos, chiflidos, gritos y demas. Dentro del material adicional hay un documental de 50 minutos donde se muestra la reunion de la banda, los ensayos, la noche en que se hizo publica la gira y varias canciones interpretadas en diferentes ciudades. No se si por ser un pais de habla hispana, pero el concierto de Argentina me parecio el menos prendido de todos los que se mostraron el este documental. Sad

Material de coleccion par los fans de The Police sin duda alguna :wink:

Un punto a favor de Amazon es que al estar descatalogado este bluray en su edicion basica, estan enviando el bluray en la edicion que incluye un par de CD's a pesar de que su precio es de mas del doble de la version que ordene. :o

Saludos

Carlos