Calificación:
  • 2 voto(s) - 3.5 Media
Sailor Moon (Serie completa) Otoño 2014 USA
North American anime distributor Viz Media announced after its Anime Central panel on Friday that it licensed the original Sailor Moon magical girl anime franchise. The streaming, digital, and home video licenses include all 200 episodes from the five television series, the three feature films, and the assorted tie-in specials. This will include the first North American release of the final television series, Sailor Moon Sailor Stars.

Viz aims to release the franchise digitally with English subtitles starting this summer, followed by the English dub starting in late 2014. It also plans DVD and Blu-ray/DVD combo releases in half-season sets starting this fall.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/201...-franchise

Parte de una entrevista con la gente de Viz Media hablando sobre el Bluray.

Cita:So this show's coming out on Bluray and it's an old show from the 90s, just like Ranma. What kind of restoration are we talking about here?

Charlene: In 2009, there was a restoration done. Those are the very best materials available for Sailor Moon, and it is a 90s shojo anime, so there are challenges there. But we've been working with some companies that are really great at what they do and they've developed a way to not just do the inverse telecine but to really remaster that video. It looks significantly better than any other DVD that's come out, lots of care was put into it. You don't have to worry about any fake-widescreen, it's in a fully uncropped pillarbox, all the original colors are preserved, and a lot of care was taken to go along with our official style guides and official materials to make sure all of the colors are the way they were intended to be. Everything looks nice and crisp and clear, but you still have to understand that season 1 is a 1992 TV Anime.

[Imagen: 01.png]
[Imagen: 02.png]
[Imagen: 03.png]

Cita:You got really high marks for the work you did on Ranma, so would you compare it to that in terms of quality?

Charlene: It's different from Ranma because there were different materials to work from and it was a completely different production. When we were evaluating, and I know Josh was a part of that team, we all took some good hard looks at the assets available, what type of Blu-ray restoration could be done, from key scenes to casual scenes to transformation scenes, just doing all kinds of Blu-ray tests on them and being brutally honest in deciding whether or not to even attempt it. It had to be a beautiful restoration that does it justice and doesn't make it look like something it's not. We didn't want to futz with the animation at all, we just wanted to make it as clear as it possibly could be. The first couple versions we tried were not-so-much, and we said "Mm. No." Then the teams went back and came up with some more workflows, more refinements to take it very slow and detailed instead. For that last Blu-ray test, we all watched it in the QC room and I was amazed. I said "Wow, this looks like a Sailor Moon Blu-ray, I'm sold." So that's when we all made the decision. I think the fans are gonna be impressed with it. The sets will be a DVD/Blu-ray combo pack so if for some reason they don't want to watch the Blu-ray, the content will be there on DVD as well.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/intervie...ailor-moon
Responder

Mensajes en este tema
Sailor Moon (Serie completa) Otoño 2014 USA - por Lost hero - 05-16-2014, 06:57 PM

Salto de foro:

Usuarios navegando en este tema: 2 invitado(s)